- Ice skating with Jason to ring in the New Year
- Our first ever trip to OBX and the Wedding Expo
- Mackenzie gets a castle birthday cake
- Cate sends me a case of Dried Pomegranate Seeds!
- Jerry shaves his beard off in stages, looks creepy with a mustache
- Jerry mounts the TV to the wall while Quinn plays in the box and Eddie lays in the way
- I reorganize the bathroom cabinets and closet
- Quinn has a “play date” with his old box buddy, Bodie
- Sarah, Dan, Abby and Emma visit and we go to the Museum of Play
- A disappointing
SteelerbowlSuperbowl but the food was excellent
- Jerry and I celebrate our 1 year engagement and 8 year anniversary at Pane Vino
- We make Snow Cream
- The girls come out to Jerry’s broomball game
- Jerry’s birthday grants him homemade PB cups
- I paint Jerry’s office and clean/organize the closet as his gift
- I take pole dancing class with Alison and Andrea
- Ugly Disco!
- First wedding dress purchased
- Large donations to Goodwill
- My first experience with Kings Cake
- …and Pancake Day
- We celebrate St. Patrick’s Day downtown with Jaime, Nikki and Andrea
- I make a Pi Pie for Pi Day
- Jerry prints out large floor plans for the Wild Horse so we can start placing guests in rooms!
- The hunt for bridesmaid dresses is in full swing
- Jer and I pick up fence panels and rental truck near closing time at Lowe’s
- My first experience with “Friendship Bread” leaves me feeling less than friendly to the giver
- My 26th birthday party had gourmet build your own burgers and Baked Alaska cupcakes
- I pull down wallpaper in upstairs bathroom to discover the wall is crumbling
- Couch shopping for Andrea
- Hand dyed Easter eggs
- My first and last spray tan
- Chase Corporate Challenge 5K with my lady friends
- Visit Dad and Jax in Albany with Sarah and the twins
- Wedding invitation production line begins
- Jerry’s wedding suit is in!
- I transplant Irises, Hostas
- Picnic at Ellison Park with friends
- Mom and Tony visit – Mom and I clear out yard by fence
- Jerry begins replacing fence in backyard
- I purchase my wedding dress!
- I finished fixing the upstairs bathroom wall
- I paint the dining room and hallway
- Jer rehangs dining room art
- We start building dining room bench
- Transplant trees from side fence to back fence (they die in a few months)
- Host surprise and a half birthday party for 2 friends
- Plant herb garden
- Transplant rose bushes
- Picnic in the park for Andrea’s birthday
- Tree stump = gone
- Andrea + Emily = 5th Place in the Rochester CitySolve!
- Emily + pruning Lilac tree = really bad sunburn
- Jerry finds his tie for the wedding along with the rest of the groomsmen
- Trip to Ohio
- Our first trip to a Chik-fil-A <– totally worth noting
- Dinner and Improv with Andrea and Nikki
- Host July 4th weekend from my neighbors pool – with their permission of course!
- We finish building the dining room bench and Jer finishes the moulding there and in the hall (lucky guy had a week off)
- Jerry installs light fixture and outlet in upstairs bathroom
- Go-karts and Mini-Golf for Ali’s birthday (we’re all adults, here)
- Bridesmaids dresses are in!
- Wedding Shower Fiesta (with men and women)
- Boating on Lake Ontario with Cynthia and Josh
- Jaime and Bob leave for CA but not before a lakeside picnic, carnival and demolition derby!
- The bar finally leaves the living room! More furniture switcheroos take place
- Wedding craftiness begins
- Spend 7 hours in the ER to find out my dizziness and tingling body are a result of “neurological weirdness” – thanks, Doc.
- Catskill visit at my Mom’s to see my Grandparents from downstate and the twins
- Wedding crafts continue
- Buy wedding sandals and much more.
- Spend Mom’s 50th camping at Letchworth State Park – Grand Canyon of the East
- The only thing we did this month were wedding crafts
- Oh, and we bought a Jeep
- I also drive home for 3 weekends worth of dress fittings. Oye.
- Also…I quit my day job. Did I forget to mention that? Whoops.
- Spent a week with family and friends in the OBX
- Took my first tiny plane ride with my bridesmaids
- Took all the parts off the Jeep that can actually be taken off, drove on the beach and had a photo shoot, too
- Got married – finally!
- Spent 2 days alone with the Mr in the OBX
- Jerry and Cole installed a new water heater
- Bought new router (the 2 things we turned off for the wedding were done-zo when we got home)
- Jerry worked on the fence some more
- 5th Annual Cider Tasting
- I seriously start attacking some of those Pins
MyOur Kitchenaid Mixer arrives!
- Jerry and I make our own Halloween costumes
- Eddie passes away
- Made my map chair
- Baked Fall treats
- Did lots of shopping
- Got the front garden ready for winter
- Cleaned out and organized the attic space above the garage and breezeway
- Installed solar lights in front garden
- Etched some glass
- Decorated for Fall
- Celebrated 100 posts and 1 year of blogging on According to Boyle
- Spent the first half of Thanksgiving at my Mother’s house
- Spent the second half at my Dad’s house (and celebrated his birthday!)
- Started Thursday Latlies
- Cut down our 2nd Christmas Tree
- Received our wedding photos
- Decorated the house for Christmas
- Jerry finished putting up the fence in the backyard!
- Purchased our Nativity Set
- Made paper snowflakes for the first time
- First “fancy” ladies night out with my girlies
- Cooked and baked and cooked and baked and baked
- Made lots of Christmas gifts and crafts
- Made our own Christmas cards
- Made our first Gingerbread House (it was a total flop!)
- Spent our 2nd Christmas morning in our own home
- Spent the last week of the year with Jerry’s family in Ohio
- Made dinner for 9 hungry Boyles
- Co-hostessed a Baby Shower!
This year has been one serious ride. I can’t believe all that we did in December alone! Some of which I still have to share and cannot wait! Let’s get through these New Year posts and get started with it!